This week has been sooo busy and I am trying my best to keep up with emails/messages/phone calls/meetings, etc! I really need to get on it with finding an assistant to help me out with these things and more!
So many exciting things happening in this upcoming week… I will be able to share more with you after the weekend but it’s definitely something I have been looking forward to for quite some time 🙂 I am hustling pretty hard right now to get what I need done before the weekend and that comes with some pretty high stress levels. Which I soothe with dancing and music every night. I am still trying to master the art of meditation as well, and I am sure in time that will help immensely too!
My boys are really keeping me on my toes these days… they are seriously a handful at times and definitely know how to push ALL of my buttons. They have been sick off and on this past week which has not been fun and fingers crossed so far they have not passed anything on to me! I had an incident with my middle son this week that DROVE ME NUTS. He lied. He lied again and again straight to my face about something REALLY OBVIOUS. I was not happy to say the least and it was the most ridiculous and obvious lie ever. Seriously. Oh the joys of being a parent… As they near their teenage years I am getting myself prepared to enter the “Realm of Insanity”. They are lucky they are so darned cute and that I love them so much.
So now I am counting down the days before my next destination wedding in Dominican! It will be my first time in Dominican and I am really looking forward to scoping out new and exciting locations and getting a feel for the country. I think it will be an AMAZING week and I am SO excited to meet my clients there who are actually from Alberta! Each time I photograph a destination wedding I am reminded of all the wonderful reasons that I love them so much. I thought I would share my 10 ten reasons on why you should consider a destination wedding! Definitely not for everyone, BUT at the same time I do think they ARE for everyone 🙂 (P.S These are based mostly on Caribbean destination weddings – don’t even get me started on the 10 ten reasons for Italy, France, Scotland, Ireland, etc!! DREAM WEDDING!)
1. SHORTEN YOUR GUEST LIST – Let’s call it “natural selection”. More than likely, it will weed out all the people that you don’t really care that much about being at your wedding but would normally feel obligated to have at your local wedding. Only the people who really love and care about you and are your closest friends are going to make it a priority to come.
2. A GUARANTEED FUN CROWD – Guests that attend destination weddings are generally the people who want to have a REALLY good time, are easy going, and super fun. They want to let loose, have a vacation and party hard at your wedding. Hey, even grandparents love sipping on mojitos by the pool. Now that’s a dream guest list if you ask me!
3. IT’S MORE INTIMATE – On average destination weddings have anywhere from 20-50 guests. You might think you are getting shortchanged but that is just the wrong way to look at it. It means a more intimate setting with the opportunity to really get to know your guests and hang out with them on a personal level and for them to get to know each other as well. I love this personally about destination weddings!
4. ALL INCLUSIVE – Need I say more? Just flash your wristband for an entire week and find yourself basking in all you can drink alcohol and food… Can this ever be a bad thing?
5. NIX THE STRESS – Yes, planning a destination wedding does come with some stress, I am not going to lie. Sometimes corresponding with wedding planners from a different country can be trying but trust me it is NOTHING compared with the planning it takes for a local wedding. Most of my clients arrive at their destination wedding, sit down with their planner and basically choose from a multiple choice book what they would like for cake, flowers, colors, etc. So much less work.
6. BEACH CEREMONIES – Picture yourself standing across from your mate with your hair blowing in the wind, flower petals scattered on the soft white sand below you. The soft crashing of waves roll on behind you and the sky has never been bluer. Sigh… beach ceremonies are sooo pretty!
7. PHOTOS! – Tropical forests, unique locations, old ancient ruins, castles, waterfalls, historical sights, ocean waves, rocky water…. need I say more? Your photos will have ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES and will be BEAUTIFUL!
8.ADVENTURE – If you are a couple that loves having a great time and going on adventure, there will be endless opportunities for you on your destination wedding! Zip-lining through the jungle, ATV’ing through caves, swimming through old cenotes, visiting ancient ruins, I mean the choices are endless!
9. BUILT IN VACATION – Part of what guests love about destination weddings is that they are basically on vacation too. Nothing beats laying on the beach with a good book and splashing around in the pool and drinking at the swim up bar during endless sunny days.
10. SAVE THE EXTRA HONEYMOON COST– A lot of my clients opt to stay a week longer for their own private honeymoon and vacation. And why not? You are already there! You might as well take advantage and enjoy a week away on your own to really soak up the sun and your new married life 🙂
So there you have it guys!! My top 10 reasons to choose a destination wedding! I LOVE love LOVE destination weddings, and not just because I get to come along for the ride, but because the atmosphere of a destination wedding is just so refreshing. It’s fun, it’s relaxed, it’s easy going and it’s intimate! These are all reasons that I myself would choose to do a destination wedding if I was ever to marry. SO consider it! You won’t be disappointed!
Why or why not would YOU do a destination wedding? Comment in the box below and let me know!
xoxo – M